Tuesday, February 19, 2013

College Students, What will You Accomplish this Spring Break?


With spring break just around the corner, thousands of college students await eagerly for that weeklong break from their studies. Students start marking their calendars with detailed plans of all the things they wish to accomplish during spring break. When I was searching the web for ideas of what id like to do during the break, I came across the Top 10 Things to Do During Spring Break

1. Head Outdoors 
2. Stay Indoors
3. Experience the World
4. Plan an Arts-and-Crafts Day
5. See a Matinee Movie
6. Game Tournament 
7. Go Sopping
8. Clean 
9. Exercise
10. Plan your summer vacation




The advantage this list draws over other “to-do” lists is the wide variety of productive activities included. Whatever your cultural background consists of, you are likely to find an activity that you’d enjoy on the “Top 10 Things to Do During spring break.

The three activities that really stuck out to me includes, heading outdoors, experiencing the world, and exercising.

Heading outdoors:

“After months cooped up indoors because of cold weather, spring break is the perfect time to enjoy some time outdoors."
Taking a stroll outside, or sunbathing is always a nice change if pace from being cramped up in the library.

Experiencing the world:

"Plan a trip to one one the top 10 spring break destinations and enjoy your spring break away from home."
Taking a lovely relaxing vacation for spring break may be just what you need to get through this spring semester. 

Exercising:

 "Begin a fitness regimen to prepare for the summer season."
Exercise is a great stress reliever, and a wonderful way to improve your health. This spring break; begin the journey to a healthy lifestyle.

Go ahead and pursue an interest of yours! You deserve it after hitting the books all semester long! What will you accomplish Spring break 2013? 

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this blog! I thought it was rather funny/ironic that #1 and #2 items on the list are "head outdoors" and "stay indoors".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for my spring break! This will be my third spring break in college and I will be doing what I have done the previous two spring breaks. I am going on a mission trip with my church! This year we are going to Raleigh, NC. Last year we went to Fort Collins, CO and the previous year we went to Baton Rouge, LA. It is so much fun and God moves in miraculous ways on this trip and I can't wait to see what happens this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this post made me that much more excited about our spring break! It's too bad we only have one week huh? I liked reading about all the many things that one could possible do during spring break. I hope I am able to get everything I want to do done, including, going to the lake, shopping, and getting back in touch with old friends. Hope you get what you want to do done as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best part about Spring break is definitely being able to take a break from school work! I think I'll be spending most of my time outdoors, so I hope the weather is nice. I love to take my horse to the lake to ride, and my dog loves to come as well!

    ReplyDelete